Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahhh the joys of public spending

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    If they don't have the 80 inch led tv, with 700 channels, you'll all die in a fire.

    Comment


      #17
      Can someone explain how the FDNY is able to put out fires when their trucks have no gold leaf and there isn't a 10 million watt blinding flashing strobe covering almost every square inch of their trucks?
      The escape is complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by FastPhil View Post
        I always thought they were built nice to draw in volunteers. You know a nice place to hang out and get away from the wife.
        That's what my friend said who was a Volly in Syosset where we both grew up. He's now a commissioner for the Syosset FD. But every time I went there with him there was only about 3 people hanging out there. And one was always a Nassau Cop on a break. LOL. Anyhow, they volunteer to put out fires etc. so I can't complain.
        Just Another Reason For Me To Retire in Tennessee.

        Comment


          #19
          its fun to watch some people try to justify it on the news 12 article. So obvious which ones are vollies or family of vollies. Bet most of them are big time RHINOs. Government spending and taxes are bad unless its on an 8 million dollar hangout for me and the boys.
          "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

          Comment


            #20
            So I used to be a voly a few years ago and the spending at the firehouse was ridiculous- I resigned when I went to med school.

            They would hire friends to do the work at 3-5x the normal price. They paid a buddy of theirs $5000 to lay down kitchen tile in a 10x8 room. They paid another guy $10,000 to come "maintain" the HVAC unit once a year.

            They just installed a $50,000 entertainment system, brand new lay-z-boys, 2 pool tables, X box. Playstation, Gaming PC.

            They spend over $300,000 a year on alcohol alone.

            The best part is, they still send out donation requests to the entire community every 6 months.
            Last edited by -vanguard-; 10-12-2020, 03:08 PM.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post
              Can someone explain how the FDNY is able to put out fires when their trucks have no gold leaf and there isn't a 10 million watt blinding flashing strobe covering almost every square inch of their trucks?
              My father was FDNY(L103-2,L156,L160 (where he died from injuries suffered at a call). The house was old,run down, smelled.The trucks had rust holes in them. Now it seems every volly department has a castle and multiple tower ladders... For the majority of what they do out here what they have is overkill.?

              Comment


                #22
                Donations anyone??? Make sure you reach deep into your pocket and give your donations!
                My Ex BIL is a voly....boy the LAVISH PAID vacations certain members would take every year (mostly on the 'donations' dime) ....unbelievable
                Last edited by SemiAutoFetish; 10-12-2020, 03:24 PM.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by artburg View Post

                  My father was FDNY(L103-2,L156,L160 (where he died from injuries suffered at a call). The house was old,run down, smelled.The trucks had rust holes in them. Now it seems every volly department has a castle and multiple tower ladders... For the majority of what they do out here what they have is overkill.?
                  The one in my current town is literally a castle made of stone with rooks and everything LOL

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I mentioned this thread to my buddy, who was a local fire chief. He said "$8.25 million is a garage" for L.I. Vollies.

                    "The Open Carry guy is my decoy."

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
                      I’m more put off by the massive spending on ball fields at all the local high schools. Johnny can do arithmetic but he gets to play under the lights on Friday night instead of Saturday afternoon.
                      How about the $1.5M artificial turf fields they are putting down now. When did a $50k sprinkler system and $1K of seed become obsolete?

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by MossbergMan View Post

                        How about the $1.5M artificial turf fields they are putting down now. When did a $50k sprinkler system and $1K of seed become obsolete?
                        When the pensions for the groundskeepers started going up?
                        Steve

                        Comment


                          #27
                          How many late model, high end SUV‘S are necessary for Chiefs to commute to FDNY & NYPD jobs? Fuel, tolls, wear n tear...all on the LI taxpayers. Race Teams, opulent buildings, tax expeditions, tuition exemptions, and lots more on the taxpayer dime.

                          I have tremendous gratitude and respect for vollies and what they do for my community but at what cost. EMT and paramedic runs far exceed the fire and MVA runs so their reach is great...but at what cost?

                          I was in a White Castle (yep) about 2 years ago and a guy came in to pick up an order that had been called in for 100’s of burgers and other things and paid with a vollie FD check.

                          Thank you vollies but it’s past time you got your hand of of my pockets.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
                            How many late model, high end SUV‘S are necessary for Chiefs to commute to FDNY & NYPD jobs? Fuel, tolls, wear n tear...all on the LI taxpayers. Race Teams, opulent buildings, tax expeditions, tuition exemptions, and lots more on the taxpayer dime.

                            I have tremendous gratitude and respect for vollies and what they do for my community but at what cost. EMT and paramedic runs far exceed the fire and MVA runs so their reach is great...but at what cost?

                            I was in a White Castle (yep) about 2 years ago and a guy came in to pick up an order that had been called in for 100’s of burgers and other things and paid with a vollie FD check.

                            Thank you vollies but it’s past time you got your hand of of my pockets.
                            They also try to roll almost every vehicle on as many calls as possible, to build up miles, and replace them sooner. I didn't believe it, until there was a minor, low speed head-on accident, directly in front of my house. Within 2 minutes, I called the local volly ambulance company (not 9-1-1). A chief arrived first, in his own car, and two buses. Three people involved, all got out of both cars under their own power, and were walking around. I guess a neighbor called the local FD. By the time all was said and done, there were SEVEN FD vehicles on my street, including a ladder truck.
                            Steve

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post
                              Can someone explain how the FDNY is able to put out fires when their trucks have no gold leaf and there isn't a 10 million watt blinding flashing strobe covering almost every square inch of their trucks?
                              my local FD pays to have their trucks detailed

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post

                                They also try to roll almost every vehicle on as many calls as possible, to build up miles, and replace them sooner. I didn't believe it, until there was a minor, low speed head-on accident, directly in front of my house. Within 2 minutes, I called the local volly ambulance company (not 9-1-1). A chief arrived first, in his own car, and two buses. Three people involved, all got out of both cars under their own power, and were walking around. I guess a neighbor called the local FD. By the time all was said and done, there were SEVEN FD vehicles on my street, including a ladder truck.
                                Man those guys must have been hurt'n after beer and white castles belly bombers no bueno

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X