X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• artburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

You even get to vote on these things but the problem is knowing when voting day is.
    And if you vote against it,they find out next thing you know all the dumpsters in town are ablaze.

Leave a comment:

• 1895guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Shotgun View Post

You even get to vote on these things but the problem is knowing when voting day is.
    the vote on the additional money is today. Sad part is if its not approved id bet my house the job doesn't get finished.

Leave a comment:

• Shotgun
    replied
    Originally posted by 1895guy View Post
    does anyone know if these budgets are public record? Like can i access an itemized bill for this fire house somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• 1895guy
    replied
    does anyone know if these budgets are public record? Like can i access an itemized bill for this fire house somewhere?

Leave a comment:

• SemiAutoFetish
    replied
    Originally posted by vmtcmt View Post

They also try to roll almost every vehicle on as many calls as possible, to build up miles, and replace them sooner. I didn't believe it, until there was a minor, low speed head-on accident, directly in front of my house. Within 2 minutes, I called the local volly ambulance company (not 9-1-1). A chief arrived first, in his own car, and two buses. Three people involved, all got out of both cars under their own power, and were walking around. I guess a neighbor called the local FD. By the time all was said and done, there were SEVEN FD vehicles on my street, including a ladder truck.
    Man those guys must have been hurt'n after beer and white castles belly bombers no bueno

Leave a comment:

• warmnfuzzy
    replied
    Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post
    Can someone explain how the FDNY is able to put out fires when their trucks have no gold leaf and there isn't a 10 million watt blinding flashing strobe covering almost every square inch of their trucks?
    my local FD pays to have their trucks detailed

Leave a comment:

• vmtcmt
    replied
    Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post
    How many late model, high end SUV‘S are necessary for Chiefs to commute to FDNY & NYPD jobs? Fuel, tolls, wear n tear...all on the LI taxpayers. Race Teams, opulent buildings, tax expeditions, tuition exemptions, and lots more on the taxpayer dime.

I have tremendous gratitude and respect for vollies and what they do for my community but at what cost. EMT and paramedic runs far exceed the fire and MVA runs so their reach is great...but at what cost?

I was in a White Castle (yep) about 2 years ago and a guy came in to pick up an order that had been called in for 100’s of burgers and other things and paid with a vollie FD check.

Thank you vollies but it’s past time you got your hand of of my pockets.
    They also try to roll almost every vehicle on as many calls as possible, to build up miles, and replace them sooner. I didn't believe it, until there was a minor, low speed head-on accident, directly in front of my house. Within 2 minutes, I called the local volly ambulance company (not 9-1-1). A chief arrived first, in his own car, and two buses. Three people involved, all got out of both cars under their own power, and were walking around. I guess a neighbor called the local FD. By the time all was said and done, there were SEVEN FD vehicles on my street, including a ladder truck.

Leave a comment:

• Huntington Guy
    replied
    How many late model, high end SUV‘S are necessary for Chiefs to commute to FDNY & NYPD jobs? Fuel, tolls, wear n tear...all on the LI taxpayers. Race Teams, opulent buildings, tax expeditions, tuition exemptions, and lots more on the taxpayer dime.

I have tremendous gratitude and respect for vollies and what they do for my community but at what cost. EMT and paramedic runs far exceed the fire and MVA runs so their reach is great...but at what cost?

I was in a White Castle (yep) about 2 years ago and a guy came in to pick up an order that had been called in for 100’s of burgers and other things and paid with a vollie FD check.

Thank you vollies but it’s past time you got your hand of of my pockets.

Leave a comment:

• vmtcmt
    replied
    Originally posted by MossbergMan View Post

How about the $1.5M artificial turf fields they are putting down now. When did a $50k sprinkler system and $1K of seed become obsolete?
    When the pensions for the groundskeepers started going up?

Leave a comment:

• MossbergMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
    I’m more put off by the massive spending on ball fields at all the local high schools. Johnny can do arithmetic but he gets to play under the lights on Friday night instead of Saturday afternoon.
    How about the $1.5M artificial turf fields they are putting down now. When did a $50k sprinkler system and $1K of seed become obsolete?

Leave a comment:

• Dan 0351
    replied
    I mentioned this thread to my buddy, who was a local fire chief. He said "$8.25 million is a garage" for L.I. Vollies.

Leave a comment:

• -vanguard-
    replied
    Originally posted by artburg View Post

My father was FDNY(L103-2,L156,L160 (where he died from injuries suffered at a call). The house was old,run down, smelled.The trucks had rust holes in them. Now it seems every volly department has a castle and multiple tower ladders... For the majority of what they do out here what they have is overkill.?
    The one in my current town is literally a castle made of stone with rooks and everything LOL

Leave a comment:

• SemiAutoFetish
    replied
    Donations anyone??? Make sure you reach deep into your pocket and give your donations!
    My Ex BIL is a voly....boy the LAVISH PAID vacations certain members would take every year (mostly on the 'donations' dime) ....unbelievable
    Last edited by SemiAutoFetish; 10-12-2020, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• artburg
    replied
    Originally posted by OH UNCLE PAUL View Post
    Can someone explain how the FDNY is able to put out fires when their trucks have no gold leaf and there isn't a 10 million watt blinding flashing strobe covering almost every square inch of their trucks?
    My father was FDNY(L103-2,L156,L160 (where he died from injuries suffered at a call). The house was old,run down, smelled.The trucks had rust holes in them. Now it seems every volly department has a castle and multiple tower ladders... For the majority of what they do out here what they have is overkill.?

Leave a comment:

• -vanguard-
    replied
    So I used to be a voly a few years ago and the spending at the firehouse was ridiculous- I resigned when I went to med school.

They would hire friends to do the work at 3-5x the normal price. They paid a buddy of theirs $5000 to lay down kitchen tile in a 10x8 room. They paid another guy $10,000 to come "maintain" the HVAC unit once a year.

They just installed a $50,000 entertainment system, brand new lay-z-boys, 2 pool tables, X box. Playstation, Gaming PC.

They spend over $300,000 a year on alcohol alone.

The best part is, they still send out donation requests to the entire community every 6 months.
    Last edited by -vanguard-; 10-12-2020, 03:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X