X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blwn89gt
    replied
    Originally posted by TTSkipper View Post
    Does NYPD use ammo assigned by the department? If so I would assume that they buy in bulk and it is unlikely that anyone not in NYPD has any from the same batch of ammo.
    Yeah they use Speer gold dot 124 +p hollow points. Speer makes this round in the +p for the department and its issued to all officers. If you carry a .38 they issue you a .38 version of gold dot. The department gets HUGE shipments of it. There was pallets of it when I was at the range a few weeks back.

Leave a comment:

• TTSkipper
    replied
    Does NYPD use ammo assigned by the department? If so I would assume that they buy in bulk and it is unlikely that anyone not in NYPD has any from the same batch of ammo.

Leave a comment:

• Rrudo74901
    commented on 's reply
    You sure they use the +P?
    My cousin is an MTA PO, I know not nypd, and he had to search to get the gold dots in non +P

• Mad Russian
    commented on 's reply
    Marshmallow bullets?

• SlowTime
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking the same thing. With the way some of these guys shoot the rounds could have hit the pavement and ricochet into the perp.

• somewhatstock
    commented on 's reply
    I agree that +p GDs are a great round but if there is a bad batch, I'd like to know that I don't have any of it.

I wouldn't be shocked if in the end, it's determined that he was using something else or never even hit the guy except with richocheted fragments.

Time will tell but I still want details.

• sheeple
    replied
    Wtf? Thank God it didn't cost an officer his life. Interested to see who manufactured the ammo.

Leave a comment:

• SlowTime
    replied
    The NYPD use Speer Gold Dot 124+p an ammo with a long proven track record of performing very well. They should look at the rest of the ammo in the magazine to see if it had gotten wet or somehow compromised. Maybe a bad batch, call in officers who qualified the same day and check their ammo.

Leave a comment:

• Rrudo74901
    replied
    Originally posted by Shamuscull View Post
    Rumor has it that Deblasio wanted ammo,that would sting and annoy perps, not kill or cause serious physical injuries.
    Haha....this actually wouldn't surprise me in the least

Leave a comment:

• somewhatstock
    replied
    Anyone know exactly that they're issued and current lot numbers?

Leave a comment:

• bberetta1
    replied
    I bet they wouldn't have written this story if they were using .45

Leave a comment:

• Shamuscull
    replied
    Rumor has it that Deblasio wanted ammo,that would sting and annoy perps, not kill or cause serious physical injuries.

Leave a comment:

• Shamuscull
    replied
    Nypd uses good ammo or at least they always have in the past. Who knows maybe they got a bad batch and can narrow it down to what range cycles were given the bad ammo.

Leave a comment:

• LazyLab
    commented on 's reply
    Those jackets sure are.

• 67Builder
    replied
    Other than a slight chance of firing out of battery (doubtful 4 times), it would have to be the ammo.
    Even firing out of battery, it would have to be so far out of battery that gas and powder would have sprayed everywhere out of the bad gun.
    Just trying to come up with possibilities..... Nope.. Still the ammo..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X