Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police Shoot Suspect Appearing to Follow Orders to Drop Gun. Good Shoot, Bad Shoot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'd like to see in police training... when on a scene such as this, have ONE PERSON give the commands. Though this one was pretty low key and calm, still.. multiple people yelling doesn't help.

The other change I'd like to see, though not applicable in this case, the sirens on police vehicles (and possibly ambulances too) should be wired to shut off when put in park. How many times have we seen that... 2,4,6 cruisers with sirens blaring, 2,5,8 officers screaming commands all at once , while being drowned out by said sirens. It ain't helping either side.
    John Valuk is dead. He fell on his head.

Comment

What if he was deaf? They did not give their orders in American sign language and that could be a problem.

Comment

This is the proper ways to arrest someone in a civilized society

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=ntT7z8RhpUw

"Get a Dog. Cause Cats Are For Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by Aquabach View Post

This is the proper ways to arrest someone in a civilized society

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...&v=ntT7z8RhpUw
          who dat ? Grace Jones

Comment

It appears to me that she took her time responding to the call. How is it that she took control when she finally arrived? What is her rank?

I believe the perp was complying when he was shot. However, under the circumstances, I understand why she fired once the gun was visible. I don't believe her job description includes getting killed because she had to give a psychotic with a gun the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by 7vette2 View Post
              What if he was deaf? They did not give their orders in American sign language and that could be a problem.
              A gun muzzle says, "Put the gun downdown!" In any language.

Comment

Originally posted by cas View Post
                What I'd like to see in police training... when on a scene such as this, have ONE PERSON give the commands.
                It's what we trained when I had collateral duties as a firearms instructor with U.S. Customs; however, the actual reality was all too often a different story when we were on an operation. Most agencies and departments probably train likewise but sometimes the reality of the situation demands otherwise.
                Retired and loving it.

Comment

Yeah...adrenaline!

Comment

Originally posted by 7vette2 View Post
                    What if he only spoke Sudanese?
                    I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                    I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrprovy View Post
                      Yeah...adrenaline!
                      I don't know why anyone uses drugs when adrenaline is free, safe, and really effective.

Comment

Working...
                      X