Brace Yourself, Aaron Sorkin is about to fuck the police again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brace Yourself, Aaron Sorkin is about to fuck the police again

The new Netflix movie called the Chicago7 apparently shows the Chicago cops on the first night of the convention riots armed with shotguns (Winchester model 12s, etc). The trailer alone has three images of cops armed with long guns, one even holds a Garand rifle.
    I have watched every clip I can find from that week in 1968. The cops had night sticks, and revolvers, not long arms. The military had rifles, not the cops.
    Good or bad, the cops used night sticks on protestors, not one single report of shooting, pistol whipping or shotgun-butt teeth extractions can be found.
    This whole movie is going to be a long commercial for civil unrest and anti-cop violence.

By the way, some of the rioters have admitted to tossing bags of human excrement at the police at the start of the rioting. To me, that sounds like a learned behavior, one learned in prison.

shotguns.png

shotguns 2.png

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Foggy, but my history teacher in 11th grade (a published historian whose focus was on Cold War/Vietnam and domestic history) had pics of Chicago PD with shotguns in his book and slide presentation in our American History class. There were long guns aplenty. As you mentioned were National Guardsman with Garlands, M-1 carbines and fixed bayonets as well.

Edited to add...

5664BE20-8F10-4495-8F98-492E2DC5B087.jpeg

2C11C2FE-DC8A-48E7-B512-6408969E0267.jpeg

056BD51F-5FF0-4313-94CA-21E2C86CCF74.jpeg

A531EAB0-1E6F-425F-BF48-6E157D72AEC5.jpeg5958940D-CA4A-4293-8D05-7B390E21E91F.jpeg
    Last edited by Sherm66; 09-14-2020, 12:11 AM.
    When they kick out your front door
    How you gonna come?
    With your hands on your head
    Or on the trigger of your gun?

Comment

Sweet M-1 Carbine action!

BFB4356F-834A-4E03-AE6A-4FBBC8D57DAB.jpeg
      How you gonna come?

Comment

This is great that they are releasing a movie like this now. Just in time to get more cops killed and riots destroying cities before the election.
        How very Democrat of them
        "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

pedoflix

Comment

That was a crazy time.
            Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by spider View Post
              That was a crazy time.
              this shit is crazier

Comment

It's all designed to make one re-think his support for Trumpy. You're going to see more of this shit as Nov 03 gets closer. And you'll hear the so-called unbiased newscaster warn you if you vote for Trumpy, it's only going to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by warmnfuzzy View Post

this shit is crazier
                  I agree.
                  Giza Development: Building and Renovating Pyramids of Distinction Since 2435 BC 631-427-1691 (Beware the Sea People)

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm66 View Post
                    Foggy, but my history teacher in 11th grade (a published historian whose focus was on Cold War/Vietnam and domestic history) had pics of Chicago PD with shotguns in his book and slide presentation in our American History class. There were long guns aplenty. As you mentioned were National Guardsman with Garlands, M-1 carbines and fixed bayonets as well.

Edited to add...

A531EAB0-1E6F-425F-BF48-6E157D72AEC5.jpeg5958940D-CA4A-4293-8D05-7B390E21E91F.jpeg
                    The white helmets are cops, first two pictures. Those black jacket guys must not be regular cops, the first night at least all the street cops were in shirtsleeves.
                    A few shirtsleeve cops had shotguns with canister attachments for tear gas.
                    The other pictures you posted, (not with the round white motorcycle style helmets) are military, the National Guard was brought in.
                    Those bayonets are National Guard.

LI Ammo, 2 Larkfield Rd. East Northport, (closed Sundays during Covid Apocalypse)

Comment

Edited to add...

Second photo down, the three officers in white helmets and black jackets. Is that an M1 carbine the middle officer is holding? It looks like one to me but he is holding it like it has a pistol grip.
                      "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                      Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
                      Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post

Second photo down, the three officers in white helmets and black jackets. Is that an M1 carbine the middle officer is holding? It looks like one to me but he is holding it like it has a pistol grip.
                        he is holding it by the mag while he pats that guy down.

Why? I have no clue. To me that is the least ergonomic/steady place to hold that rifle from like that...but it does keep it close to his body in case someone wants to grab it.
                        High quality building supplies since 1948! Friendly FFL transfers of long guns, receivers, and ammunition. Feel free to call us at 516 741 4466

Comment

Originally posted by Volkosupply View Post

he is holding it by the mag while he pats that guy down.

Why? I have no clue. To me that is the least ergonomic/steady place to hold that rifle from like that...but it does keep it close to his body in case someone wants to grab it.
                          Duh, I should have recognized that. Thanks for pointing it out. I would never think of doing that because I’d assume it would frog up the functionality and cause a misdeed.
                          "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
                          Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

I dig this pic the most. Ho hum leaning towards boredom expression....cig hanging from the lip...

D3326142-2A38-41AD-A0B0-8A854221C7CD.jpeg
                            How you gonna come?

Comment

I dig this pic the most. Ho hum leaning towards boredom expression....cig hanging from the lip...

D3326142-2A38-41AD-A0B0-8A854221C7CD.jpeg
                              A few elections back the DNC was in Chicago again and some of the CPD got in trouble for wearing tshirts that said, “My father kicked your father’s ass!” Or so legend has it. I think it should have been issued to them all.
                              Tucker Max

Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Working...
                              X