Jon Stewart and 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

By the very nature of who he is there will be a back end bonus for him. I don’t even begrudge him that because I do believe his motivations are legitimate on this.
    Point of my OP wasn’t so much to praise Stewart, though I give him that. I was more trying to say that I’m more pissed off and disgusted at our elected representatives in their condescending hypocrisy while they decide if we live or die and by withholding our own money from us in the process.
    Those assholes are so star struck that they’ve abandoned any pretense or attempt to deny it.

Let dying heroes beg beg for their lives = fuck you, don’t bother us.
    Some cable TV political agitator growls at them and they go to their collective knees for him.

Fuck every Congressional incumbent who ever hesitated on a 9/11 Bill.
    I don’t know if I was misunderstood or not. I’ll clear it up.

I am glad he is taking a stand. Someone needed to.
    I don’t think he’s doing it SOLELY out of the goodness of his heart.
    I do hope something good comes of it for those who deserve and need it.

I couldn’t care less about Jon Stewart. He’s still a douchebag who babbled and spewed shit for years on a shitty cable show.
    NRA Lifetime Member / NRA RSO & Certified Pistol Instructor
    NYSRPA Member / Freeport R&R Member
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network Member

Comment

Sun shines on a dogs ass every now and again.
      The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

He embarrassed the shit out of them and it worked.
        "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." –Thomas B. Reed (1886)

Comment

Originally posted by Ricekila View Post
          Remember --- hes a bleeding heart lib-o-turd --

Just say-en --
          Jon Stewart's politics have nothing to do with this, he's fighting for the heroes both parties have tossed aside and forgotten when it stopped polling well enough.

And all those in the Bush administration who declared the site "safe" two days after because they just wanted Wall Street back open should be in jail for negligent homicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post

Jon Stewart's politics have nothing to do with this, he's fighting for the heroes both parties have tossed aside and forgotten when it stopped polling well enough.

And all those in the Bush administration who declared the site "safe" two days after because they just wanted Wall Street back open should be in jail for negligent homicide.
            His politics has to do with EVERYTHING he does. Let's say Killery comes out in support, are we gonna give that cunt a pass also?

The escape is half complete. The inventor of Hawk fishing. (soon to be seen on ESPN 8 the Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post

So we'll just disagree on this one ---- what hes trying to do is good -- ( scorpion & frog ) -- don't trust him --
              NRA Instructor / RSO & NRA Life Member / S.A.F.E. Armorer / 03-FFL / Moist Nugget gun nut / Ammosexual / And a right wing Republican Jew with guns

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

By the very nature of who he is there will be a back end bonus for him. I don’t even begrudge him that because I do believe his motivations are legitimate on this.
                Point of my OP wasn’t so much to praise Stewart, though I give him that. I was more trying to say that I’m more pissed off and disgusted at our elected representatives in their condescending hypocrisy while they decide if we live or die and by withholding our own money from us in the process.
                Those assholes are so star struck that they’ve abandoned any pretense or attempt to deny it.

Let dying heroes beg beg for their lives = fuck you, don’t bother us.
                Some cable TV political agitator growls at them and they go to their collective knees for him.

Fuck every Congressional incumbent who ever hesitated on a 9/11 Bill.
                And some people wonder why cops and firefighters are so cynical about politicians - they show up on the day of a Line-of-Duty funeral and jockey for position before the cameras and express their support and admiration, but the cops and firefighters want to know ‘where were you yesterday?’ ‘Where are you tomorrow?’

Comment

I was never a big time Jon Stewart fan, but on this issue, he has gone above and beyond for our first responders.

And if I ever see him in a restaurant, I'd be glad to buy him a drink !!

Comment

Again, not a fan of his but he used his star power to make the board look like a bigger bunch of assholes then he is and ultimately helped get something accomplished for our heros.

Say what you want about his motives, fact is he helped tremendously so ill tip my cap to him on this one.

Comment

This is why they need a raise.
                      I am not armed out of fear of who's in front of me.
                      I am armed out of love of those behind me.

Anyone who says money doesn't matter to them is either a FOOL or a LIAR or BOTH!

Comment

Working...
                      X