HR 1327 passes (WTC VCF) with no help from these mutts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crashguy View Post

We have one rule on this sight ...... if we stickily adhered to the LIGC "constitution" rule 1... what would be the appropriate vote of your comments on this subject? I know how I'd vote
    im sorry if you can’t handle difference in views

If I get booted for standing with Congresman Massie who is the number one defender of the constitution in Congress right now (just look at his voting record). Then so be it. I’m not going to be part of an echo chamber

it might be unpopular to be against this bill. But the constitution goes beyond just the 2nd amendment.

The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

just so we are all clear the vote was 402-12 with 12 republicans in opposition. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/116-2019/h474 . not sure what that has to do with communism or illegals.

Comment

Originally posted by the_maximalist View Post
        just so we are all clear the vote was 402-12 with 12 republicans in opposition. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/116-2019/h474 . not sure what that has to do with communism or illegals.

And just so we are clear, out of the 12 Republicans only one maybe two is a RINO. The other 10 have a record of defending the constitution. Some being the strongest defenders in American congressional history.

with that said, this bill should have us thinking
        Last edited by Ancap; 07-16-2019, 06:54 PM.
        The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule ...Samuel Adams, "The Rights of the Colonists" page 419

Comment

Originally posted by Ancap View Post

And just so we are clear, out of the 12 Republicans only one maybe two is a RINO. The other 10 have a record of defending the constitution. Some being the strongest defenders in American congressional history.

with that said, this bill should have us thinking
          Just so we are clear Justin Amash voted yes in condemning president’s racist comments. Racist comments. How is what he said racist did I miss something. But if the defender of the constitution voted yes it must be true.....

Comment

Not really, why not just make every bill with unlimited funds, with no oversight for generations to come. Congress can’t determine spending for future Congress or future generations

Plus which enumerated power grants the federal government to do this?

if your making exceptions, then anything goes
            How would you propose they quantify this bills cost? Thousand (tens of thousands) of people exposed to countless carcinogenic and other materials who have not shown the courtesy to get sick or die already. Debilitating, horrible disabilities that are crushing families. Physical and mental health issues that are closer to combat exposure conditions than almost anything we’ve seen or imagined on American soil.
            While this may appear to be about helping cops and firemen, there were many more at WTC and who worked or were otherwise exposed to these poisons than there were uniforms.
            In the early years I knew 2 responders (construction) who exhausted their life savings, mortgaged their homes, spent their kids college money and more on their health care. You see, Workers Comp was a dead end...FUNYS and construction workers earn health benefits based on hours worked, benefits are not automatic. When they get sick they cannot work...like magic, the benefits stopped. Without a WTC fund, how many others would face ruin? How much suffering is reasonable? How much should the families be subjected to?
            Pain, disease, alcohol and drug abuse, suicide, permanent mental health disabilities. Add fear, confusion, anxiety loss of career and friends and even condemnation by fellow Americans for needing help as a result of responding to the single most horrible event in American history.

You have my word, none of us went there that day or after because we thought that 18 years later There might be a payday. No one was there because we preferred it to spending time with our families. No one wanted to be there.
            I am one of the guys who has never taken a dime. There are lots of us but that doesn’t mean we are not sick or don’t need the help. Many of us are dying slow and often painful deaths. Now that we are a ways out from 9/11, our kids and grandkids get to watch us as our health declines. Our families get to watch us suck on O2 at home or be subjected to weekly transfusions or dialysis or hyperbaric treatments for the PTSD or orthopedic injuries. Proud, hard working men and women who mould very much rather get up and go to work in the morning but cannot or when we do, struggle to do so.
            Brown shit, on a good day it’s more green, coming up from our chests when we wake in the morning or walk in the humid heat to the car to go to a doctors visit. The chronic sinus infections...try those some time, good times! Skin conditions that ooze and bleed. Sadness, depression and distrust...now that’s livin’.

I could go on and so could many others here but we mostly don’t bitch about these things. You see, we went knowing whatever it was we were breathing or wading through (chin deep in sewage, fuel, battery juice (acid) and hundreds of other things) searching perimeter buildings for survivors. For the wives and daughters and sons of you and everyone else with a missing or unaccounted for loved one so that they might go home that day. Sadly I never found one who did but I know there are those who are grateful we tried.

This is not about some romanticized “pick yourself up by the bootstraps” bullshit. This isn’t something most people could ever imagine and I am glad for that. But for those who can, for those who live it or have already lost their loved one to it, these laws are absolutely necessary.
            When I die it will not be of ripe old age. Short of getting hit by a bus or falling down my basement stairs it will be WTC that ends my life prematurely.

I’ll end my rant now but not before saying how disgusting and shameful it is that there are still people who choose to bitch about paying the bills while many, much more worthy people are struggling and dying and depending on those funds.
            Last edited by Huntington Guy; 07-17-2019, 08:09 AM.

Comment

The Federal government caused this atrocity through their negligence. It’s incumbent on them to pay for the damages they caused. If the CIA, Clinton, and the rest had done their fucking jobs, this wouldn’t have happened. Consider it compensatory damages in redress of grievance under one of those unenmuerated right enumerated in the BoR.
              "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for.”
              Tucker Max

Infirmitate Invitat Violentiam
              Finicky Fat Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Shamuscull View Post

Just so we are clear Justin Amash voted yes in condemning president’s racist comments. Racist comments. How is what he said racist did I miss something. But if the defender of the constitution voted yes it must be true.....
                Let’s be clear, Amash is not perfect. But Trump doesn’t come close to defending the constitution the way Amash has. Not even remotely close

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

How would you propose they quantify this bills cost? Thousand (tens of thousands) of people exposed to countless carcinogenic and other materials who have not shown the courtesy to get sick or die already. Debilitating, horrible disabilities that are crushing families. Physical and mental health issues that are closer to combat exposure conditions than almost anything we’ve seen or imagined on American soil.
                  While this may appear to be about helping cops and firemen, there were many more at WTC and who worked or were otherwise exposed to these poisons than there were uniforms.
                  In the early years I knew 2 responders (construction) who exhausted their life savings, mortgaged their homes, spent their kids college money and more on their health care. You see, Workers Comp was a dead end...FUNYS and construction workers earn health benefits based on hours worked, benefits are not automatic. When they get sick they cannot work...like magic, the benefits stopped. Without a WTC fund, how many others would face ruin? How much suffering is reasonable? How much should the families be subjected to?
                  Pain, disease, alcohol and drug abuse, suicide, permanent mental health disabilities. Add fear, confusion, anxiety loss of career and friends and even condemnation by fellow Americans for needing help as a result of responding to the single most horrible event in American history.

You have my word, none of us went there that day or after because we thought that 18 years later There might be a payday. No one was there because we preferred it to spending time with our families. No one wanted to be there.
                  I am one of the guys who has never taken a dime. There are lots of us but that doesn’t mean we are not sick or don’t need the help. Many of us are dying slow and often painful deaths. Now that we are a ways out from 9/11, our kids and grandkids get to watch us as our health declines. Our families get to watch us suck on O2 at home or be subjected to weekly transfusions or dialysis of hyperbaric treatments for the PTSD or orthopedic injuries. Proud, hard working men and women who mould very much rather get up and go to work in the morning but cannot or when we do, struggle to do so.
                  Brown shit, on a good day it’s more green, coming up from our chests when we wake in the morning or walk in the humid heat to the car to go to a doctors visit. The chronic sinus infections...try those some time, good times! Skin conditions that ooze and bleed. Sadness, depression and distrust...now that’s livin’.

I could go on and so could many others here but we mostly don’t bitch about these things. You see, we went knowing whatever it was we were breathing or wading through (chin deep in sewage, fuel, battery juice (acid) and hundreds of other things) searching perimeter buildings for survivors. For the wives and daughters and sons of you and everyone else with a missing or unaccounted for loved one so that they might go home that day. Sadly I never found one who did but I know there are those who are grateful we tried.

This is not about some romanticized “pick yourself up by the bootstraps” bullshit. This isn’t something most people could ever imagine and I am glad for that. But for those who can, for those who live it or have already lost their loved one to it, these laws are absolutely necessary.
                  When I die it will not be of ripe old age. Short of getting hit by a bus or falling down my basement stairs it will be WTC that ends my life prematurely.

I’ll end my rant now but not before saying how disgusting and shameful it is that there are still people who choose to bitch about paying the bills while many, much more worthy people are struggling and dying and depending on those funds.
                  69948322-C4A1-4039-8D8D-E9413E51641C.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Finicky Fat Guy View Post
                    The Federal government caused this atrocity through their negligence. It’s incumbent on them to pay for the damages they caused. If the CIA, Clinton, and the rest had done their fucking jobs, this wouldn’t have happened. Consider it compensatory damages in redress of grievance under one of those unenmuerated right enumerated in the BoR.

Agreed, but I don’t think constituents should be forced to pay for the federal government mistakes

with that logic, liberals can justify you paying slavery reparations as well.
                    Last edited by Ancap; 07-16-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Issues of fault aside, it was not the fault of any responder what happened that day. If it had been an earthquake or a tornado there would be governmental assistance in various forms. The calamitous nature of those attacks, on the people exposed, on the economy and on the future of America and the world are unique in history.
                      Would I rather Saudi Arabia and others pay the bills? Absolutely. But that doesn’t change the urgency AND the long term effects of that day.
                      I see nothing benevolent about this, I see it as a necessity and a regrettable consequence of our nation being attacked.

Comment

im sorry if you can’t handle difference in views

If I get booted for standing with Congresman Massie who is the number one defender of the constitution in Congress right now (just look at his voting record). Then so be it. I’m not going to be part of an echo chamber

it might be unpopular to be against this bill. But the constitution goes beyond just the 2nd amendment.
                        It is easy to stand by your convictions ...when there is no chance your blood would be spilled ..some of us did not have that luxury... So ..you and the rest of the country will just have to suck this one up ...

Comment

Originally posted by crashguy View Post

It is easy to stand by your convictions ...when there is no chance your blood would be spilled ..some of us did not have that luxury... So ..you and the rest of the country will just have to suck this one up ...
                          Can’t victims of gun violence say the same? Do those victims situation justify infringement of our rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntington Guy View Post

Issues of fault aside, it was not the fault of any responder what happened that day. If it had been an earthquake or a tornado there would be governmental assistance in various forms. The calamitous nature of those attacks, on the people exposed, on the economy and on the future of America and the world are unique in history.
                            Would I rather Saudi Arabia and others pay the bills? Absolutely. But that doesn’t change the urgency AND the long term effects of that day.
                            I see nothing benevolent about this, I see it as a necessity and a regrettable consequence of our nation being attacked.
                            This is how America used to operate after a catastrophic event.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RYulzUPHqOY

Comment

Can’t victims of gun violence say the same? Do those victims situation justify infringement of our rights?
                              Guy, stfu

Comment

Answering with a question , I see.... nice try ....

Comment

Working...
                                X